Day 5: Denver

We arrived in Denver around 3pm and headed straight for the city center. We walked around the city for the next few hours until we were able to meet up with my friend Colin. We all went out to an amazing and cheap Thai place where they had 25 cent beers! That evening we played Frisbee golf, and had a little Halo competition.  

The next morning we took of early and headed for Colorado Springs and Pike's Peak. Mark rallied the car all the way to the top of the 14,110 ft peak while I gave him turn by turn directions with the GPS and my laptop. We had a verbal rating system of 1 to 5 based on how sharp the turn ahead was. It was very fun. The car's (a.k.a Paula) performance decreased as we got above 10,000 ft, but we still made it to the top in under 30 minutes.

-Red

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Straight up now tell me Do you really want to love me forever oh oh oh