Day 13 & 14: Michigan

We're a quarter of the way through our expedition and who better to visit than my only Grandma in Grand Blanc.  She's now 94 and I wish I could show you all a picture of us.  However, that fateful day 15 marked the death of Ryan's camera, which included all the pictures of me with her, and the rest of my family in Michigan.  

Nonetheless, I was still able to spend some quality time with grandma, and my aunt, uncle and cousin that live nearby.  I'm so glad that I got to see them again, and I plan on coming back next year to make it for the family reunion!  

During one of the two days we took a day trip to see the motor city.  Detroit was about what we expected it to be: vacant.  The only busy area was the Renaissance Center; the global headquarters of General Motors.  While our visit to Motown wasn't a bad one, I'd cross off Detroit on your travel itinerary if you ever plan on visiting Michigan.  That state has so much more to offer than its largest city.  

-Brown

No comments: